Share with all your friends!
Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
why make these rosemary roasted potatoes!
Made with 5 simple ingredients these Rosemary Roasted Potatoes are a tasty side to so many dishes.
As a massive potato lover there are so many reasons to make these, but the tops ones are:
- Super easy: a pan, kettle and a roasting tray is all you need
- Minimal ingredients: you only need 5 ingredients to make these, and you’ll probably already have them in your kitchen cupboard
- Batch cook: either make ahead and reheat if you need to, or you can even make more than you need and (if they last long enough) eat them on another day
- Healthier option: this roast potato option is a healthier take on the traditional recipe using a little less oil. However, by par boiling the potatoes you still get that fluffy centre / crispy outside potato
- Perfect for sharing: with a recipe that serves 4 people and is easily scale-able it’s great for entertaining
rosemary roasted potatoes – Recipe notes
** Par boiling the potatoes helps speed up the cooking and helps create that fluffy centre on the potatoes
** Pre heating the oil in the oven before adding the potatoes helps give that crispy outside
** Keep the skins on the potatoes which reduce food waste and help to retain the nutrient content
** Once you have done your first cook of the potatoes, if you use the back of a fork to press down and slightly split the potatoes. I find it tend to make them that bit more crispy
rosemary roasted potatoes – recipe ADAPTIONS
** Baby potatoes are a great option for this recipe but a standard white potato will work just as well if chopped to a similar size.
** If you aren’t a fan of rosemary, you can also swap it out for thyme
** Whilst this recipe uses rapeseed oil, you could use another heat stable oil – I’d just avoid coconut oil as it won’t work as well
1kg Baby potatoes, chop the large ones in half
1 tbsp Rapeseed oil
6 lrg / 8 sml Garlic cloves, crushed
6 Rosemary sprigs
90g Green olives
Sea salt flakes
- Pre-heat the oven to 200oc
- Boil a kettle and add the baby potatoes to a large pan with salted boiling water. Once the water is bubbling, boil for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and leave to steam dry for a few minutes
- Whilst steam drying, put the rapeseed oil on a roasting tray and heat in the oven for a few minutes
- Add the potatoes, garlic and rosemary sprigs to the hot roasting tray (be careful not to burn yourself). Toss the potatoes in the oil
- Cook for 30 minutes at 200oc
- After 30 minutes turn the potatoes and add the olives and a little salt. Place in the oven for a further 15 minutes
- Serve as a side, snack or just a meal of roast potatoes!
I look forward to hearing what you think of these Rosemary Roasted Potatoes so please leave a comment below and tag my in your wonderful creations! I’m @fortheutteroffood on Instagram. I’m also on Facebook – please say hello!