Share with all your friends!
Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
Why make this cinnamon spiced apple bread!
This is without a doubt my most popular recipe to date and I guess with good reason, as I for one have made this Cinnamon Spiced Apple Bread a lot myself.
This loaf cake is fluffy, moist (anyone else hate that word?) and full of flavour. It’s the sort of bake you want to just keep making!
Anyway, here are some other reasons why this Spiced Apple Bread is so wonderful:
- 5 minutes of prep
- Uses up those leftover apples: what better way to use up those apples you have lying around, than by baking!
- Makes your kitchen smell incredible: this recipe makes your whole kitchen smell of spiced apple
- Incredibly easy and quick to make
cinnamon spiced apple bread – Recipe notes
** The icing is optional but does add a lovely creaminess to the bake
** As the recipe isn’t too sweet, you can easily eat it for breakfast (which I have done on plenty of occasions)
** Any normal eating apples will work for this recipe, just where you can try to ensure they are British to avoid unnecessary food miles.
** Keep the skins of the apple on when grating. It helps keep the nutrients in and cuts down on food waste. Just wash the apples before you grate them
** The best vegan cream cheese I have come across so far is the plain one by Nush Foods. Whilst there are others on the market, they tend to have a high % of coconut oil which I tend to try and avoid.
cinnamon spiced apple bread – recipe ADAPTIONS
**If you don’t have maple syrup in the house, you can swap it for another liquid sweetener like date syrup
** You could swap out to a gluten free flour like Buckwheat, but I haven’t tested with a GF flour so inevitably it will be a bit of trial and error. But if you manage to get a combination that works for you please let me know
- Dry Ingredients
240g White self raising flour
1.5 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Ground ginger
1/4 tsp Allspice
1/2 tsp Baking soda
- Wet Ingredients
1 Flax egg (1tbsp milled flaxseed to 3tbsp warm water)
125ml Coconut oil
170ml Maple syrup
1 tsp Vanilla extract
2 Apples, grated with the skin on
- Icing Ingredients
1 Tub of plant based cream cheese
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tbsp Maple syrup
- Preheat an oven to 180oc and line a standard sized loaf tin with baking parchment
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in one bowl
- Combine all of the wet ingredients in another bowl
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together until well combined
- Pour into the lined loaf tin and baked for 35 – 40 minutes until golden on the top and a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre
- Leave to cool for 15 minutes before removing from the tin and placing on a wire rack
- For the icing, combine 1 tub of the plant based cream cheese, 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tbsp maple syrup. Spread on top of the loaf
- Enjoy! And try not to eat all in one go
I can’t wait to hear what you think of this Cinnamon Spiced Apple Bread so please leave a comment below and tag me in your wonderful creations! I’m @fortheutteroffood on Instagram and use the hashtag #theutterloveoffood. I’m also on Facebook – please say hello!