Share with all your friends!
Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
Why I love these baked sweet potato chips!
I find that these baked sweet potato chips are the perfect savoury snack when I’m feeling peckish, but trying to avoid all things sweet. Their crispiness makes them the perfect dipping vehicle and as a huge fan of avocados, think they are perfectly paired with guacamole.
Some other reasons why these chips are brilliant:
- Get your fibre fix: a wonderful source of dietary fibre, especially when you include the skin. There are 6 grams of dietary fibre in each medium potato. Including sufficient dietary fibre in your diet helps achieve optimum dietary health
- Health benefits: sweet potatoes are naturally high in an anti-oxidant known as beta-carotene, which converts to Vitamin A once consumed
Whilst I have suggested these as a great savoury snack, they would also make a wonderful side dish.
BAKED SWEET POTATO CHIPS – Recipe notes
** The length of time the potatoes will need in the oven will be totally dependent on the efficiency of your oven. Keep a close eye on the potatoes, as the timings I have given are estimates based on my oven
** If you want to make more portions of this recipe, just multiply the recipe accordingly
baked sweet potato chips – recipe ADAPTIONS
** If you aren’t keen on sweet potatoes you could swap for regular potatoes (something like a Maris Piper), or you could try doing the same with carrots or parsnips, cooking them in a similar way, just the cooking times will vary.
** Try a plant based sour cream or hummus if avocados aren’t your thing or you just want some dipping sauce variety. Or even making a quick tomato salsa if you want those extra veggies
** You could vary the spice on the chips – cayenne pepper or a milder mixed herb mix would work well
- Baked Sweet Potato Chips Ingredients
3 Sweet potatoes
1tbsp Rapeseed oil
1tsp Smoked paprika
- Guacamole Ingredients
2 Avocados, mashed
6 Cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 Lime, juiced
Small handful of coriander, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200oc
- Wash the sweet potatoes and cut into rounds about 0.5cm thick
- Dry the potato rounds with a tea towel and them pop in a bowl with the smoked paprika, rapeseed oil, salt and pepper and combine
- Place on a baking tray in a single layer and pop in the oven for 15 minutes
- Once 15 minutes is up, take the potatoes out of the oven.
Turn each potato slice and pop back into the oven for another 15 – 25 minutes but you are aiming for a golden crunchy chip
- Make the guacamole by mixing together the avocado, cherry tomatoes, lime, coriander, salt and pepper (you can also add chilli flakes for some spice if you like your guacamole with a bit of heat)
- ENJOY dipping the potato rounds in the guacamole! These are perfect enjoyed either hot or cold. I just guarantee they won’t last long
I look forward to hearing what you think of this Baked Sweet Potato Chips so please leave a comment below and tag my in your wonderful creations! I’m @fortheutteroffood on Instagram and use the hashtag #theutterloveoffood. I’m also on Facebook – please say hello!