Share with all your friends!Jump to Recipe
Why I love these peanut butter cookies!
These peanut butter cookies are one of my favourite baking recipes and are perfect for tea dunking in the afternoon! The cookies themselves are on the chunky side, soft and crumbly in texture with lovely crispy edges. If you can manage it, leave for a day in an airtight container and they only get better with time.
With minimal refined sugar and store cupboard ingredients, they are cookies you can throw together when you are short on time but craving a little home baked treat.
The cookies themselves will store in an airtight container for 2 – 3 days, but I very much doubt they will last that long! Or alternatively you can make ahead and pop them in the freezer. Just warm them back through in the oven to revive them before eating.
These peanut butter cookies really are a staple all year round recipe that delight children and grown ups alike. I regularly find myself making these several times a year and with only 6 key ingredients you can throw them together in no time.
peanut butter cookie – Recipe notes
** Try to use a peanut butter than does not include any added sugar or palm oil. Brands like, Manilife, Pip & Nut, Meridian and Pics Peanut Butter do some great versions
** Where possible choose a deep roast smooth variety because you will really benefit from a richer peanut butter flavour
peanut butter cookie – recipe swaps
** If you are allergic to peanuts you can try swapping out for another type of nut butter. An almond or cashew nut butter would work well
** You could swap out the nut butter for an alternative spread. Something like Biscoff or a chocolate hazelnut spread would work if you are allergic to all types of nuts
** Make these cookies that bit more special by adding in white chocolate chunks to the batter right at the end
100g Dark muscovado sugar
150g Dairy free butter
100g Caster sugar
315g Self raising flour
4 tbsp Dairy free milk
8 tsp Smooth peanut butter (recommend a deep roast variety)
2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tsp Baking powder
Pinch of salt
White chocolate to drizzle (optional)
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light in colour
- Add the milk and vanilla, whisk until combined
- Mix the remaining ingredients together in a separate bowl and once combined add to the wet mixture
- Split the cookie dough into 12. It should be firm, but not too crumbly and not too wet
- Roll each piece of cookie dough into a ball and flatten with the palm of your hand into a puck like shape
- Place the cookie dough well-spaced out on baking trays. Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 180oc. Take out whilst a little soft as they will harden as they cool
- Melt the white chocolate and drizzle over the top of each cookie
- Allow the chocolate to harden and ENJOY!
I look forward to hearing what you think of these Peanut Butter Cookies so please leave a comment below and tag my in your wonderful bakes! I’m @fortheutteroffood on Instagram and use the hashtag #theutterloveoffood. I’m also on Facebook – please say hello!