Share with all your friends!
Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
why you should make this gingerbread granola!
Homemade Gingerbread Granola is such a winner, as the smell of it baking fills the kitchen with wonderful spiced aromas. This version is quick and easy to put together and is so much better for you than the shop bought versions, as you know exactly what goes into it.
Some other reasons this Gingerbread Granola is great:
- Versatile: you can use granola in so many ways – it is always handy to have a jar on the go in the cupboard that you can dip into.
- Full of festive flavour: is there anything more festive than gingerbread?
- Gluten and refined sugar free: make this granola allergy friendly.
- Uses store cupboard ingredients: you are likely to already have these ingredients in your cupboards, and if you don’t can easily make a swap out.
- Easy to make: one bowl, one baking tray and 5 minutes to throw it together before baking. This recipe is ridiculously easy to make.
- Edible gift: if you are ever stuck on what to get a loved one for Christmas, this would make the perfect gift
homemade gingerbread granola – Recipe notes & adaptions
** As long as you store this granola once made, in an airtight container, it will keep for months.
** A lot of the ingredients are inter changeable, such as the nuts. This recipe has pecans, but you could swap these out for walnuts, or even hazelnuts. Just use whatever you may have in the cupboard. Swap the sunflower seeds out for pumpkin seeds etc. Raisins for dried cranberries – I think you get my train of thought!
homemade gingerbread granola – ways to use
Granola is so versatile, you can simply have it with a bit of milk or get creative using it in:
- Use it in granola bars
- Add as a topping to porridge bowls
- Bake it into bread, cakes or muffins
- Yogurt and smoothie bowls as a topper
- Chocolate or nut butter covered fruit, just then dip it in the granola
1 Large Jar
50g Coconut flakes
2 tsp Ground ginger
2 tsp Ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ground nutmeg
1 tsp Vanilla extract
60ml Maple syrup
90ml Coconut oil, melted
55g Sunflower seeds
- Pre-heat an oven to 170oc
- Combine all of the ingredients (except the raisins) in one large mixing bowl and combine well
- Lay the contents on a large baking tray lined with baking parchment
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes, add the raisins and baked for another 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before storing in an airtight jar
I can’t wait to hear what you think of this Gingerbread Granola so please leave a comment below and tag me in your wonderful creations! I’m @fortheutteroffood on Instagram and use the hashtag #theutterloveoffood. I’m also on Facebook – please say hello!